Menu Files for Total Commander
Do you know Total Commander ?
Total Commander (formerly known as Windows Commander) is one of the most supreme file managing programs you can imagine for Windows.
Total Commander fully replaces Windows' Explorer for copying, moving and renaming files. Furthermore Total Commander offers a simple way to change the file properties (file attributes, date and time). File contents can be compared or files can be renamed according to advanced criteria. Total Commander can also be used to syncronize whole folder structures for instance between two computers or between your own computer and a FTP-server on the Net.
Total Commander replaces WinZip or other programs for handling packed files. Reading the following packed file formats is supported: ZIP, ARJ, LHA, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB and ACE - and Total Commander has its own built-in ZIP-packer. Total Commander also functions as a shell for external file packing programs.
Aditionally Total Commander replaces programs like WS_FTP or CuteFTP for FTP-transfer of files to and from servers on the Net.
Total Commander can be configured in considerable detail by the user - you can for instance design your own menu system for the entire program.
Below is a suite of alternative menus that can be used with Total Commander - menus that in my opinion expands the functionality of the program.
Menus for Total Commander 9.21a (Combined 32bit and 64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.21a (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.21a (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.21 (Combined 32bit and 64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.21 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.21 (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.20 (Combined 32bit and 64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.20 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.20 (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.12 (Combined 32bit and 64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.12 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.12 (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.10 (Combined 32bit and 64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.10 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.10 (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.0 (Combined 32bit and 64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.0 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 9.0 (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 8.51 (Combined 32bit and 64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 8.51 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 8.51 (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 8.50 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 8.50 (32bit)
Menus for Total Commander 8.01 (64bit)
Menus for Total Commander 8.01 (32bit)
* = two menu items ("Files" -> "Media Center Remote Control Menu" and "Commands" -> "Panel Divider 100% to the Right / Left") will not work with TC 7.57a.
Menus for Total Commander 7.50 - 7.57a
Menus for Total Commander 7.00 - 7.04a
Menu 1 has a single "View" menu which is common to both file panels.
Menu 2 has separate "Left" and "Right" menus (like Norton Commander)..
Menus for Total Commander 6.54 - 6.58
Menu 1 has separate menus for FTP, Network and Windows folders (Desktop, My Computer, Control Panel, Fonts, Printers, Recycle Bin and Network Neighbourhood).
Menu 2 has separate menus for FTP, Network and Windows folders plus separate menus for viewing the Left and Right File Window.
Other Languages (only version 6.54 - 6.58)
You can find Danish versions of the menus above on my Danish Total Commander Page.
Total Commander is an advanced development of the file handling concept from the illustrious Norton Commander for DOS. Because of that I have also made some menus which is close to the menus in Norton Commander and the Norton Commander clone Volkov Commander.
In Total Commander you can use a number of internal commands. These commands are used the following places:
- "Configuration" - "Change Button Bar..." - "Command:"
- "Configuration" - "Options..." - "Misc." - "Redefine hotkeys" - "Command:"
- "Start" - "Change start menu..." - "Command:"
Here you can download different translations of the command file. The command files are available sorted according to:
- Subject (default)
You can see more about Total Commander and download the program here:
Total Commander Homepage
Some key features of Total Commander:
- FTP client to transfer files over the Internet
- Direct access to Network Neighborhood (without mounting a drive)
- Directory history list
- Directory hotlist (configurable bookmark menu)
- Split/Combine big files
- Encode/Decode files in UUE, XXE and MIME format
- Extended copying, moving, renaming and deleting of entire trees
- Compare files by content
- Copy and pack in the background (separate thread)
- Synchronize two directories or a ZIP archive and a directory
- Bitmap and multimedia viewer
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. The appropriate archiver program is automatically called. Pkzip, arj, lha, rar uc2 and ace are all supported
- Start menu (User-defined commands)
- Configurable button bar
- Command line for the simple starting of programs with parameters
- Enhanced search function with full text search even inside archives
- File search for duplicate files
- Built in file viewer to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set.
- Internal Unzip by Info-Zip
- Internal unpacker for ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, CAB, RAR and ACE
- Internal ZIP packer
- Copy files directly from one archive to another
- Direct cable connection through the parallel port
- Powerful multi-rename tool
- Print directories, subdirectories and whole trees
You can get support etc. for Total Commander at:
Total Commander - Official Support Forum